Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any advantage to buying windows from someone who
manufactures, installs and stands behind the warranty?
• If one place does it all, the homeowner does not get
someone trying to lay the problem on someone else. One might
say it was manufactured wrong, the manufacturer will say it
was due to improper installation. Guess who usually loses? The
• If service work is needed dealing directly with a
manufacturer, this will save you time. If you need a
sash replaced it can be done in less than 24 hours or sooner.
• A homeowner can usually save money dealing directly
with a manufacturer because you are not dealing with a
middleman or helping pay a franchise fee.
2. My home is 125 years old. Can I get windows to fit in my
• Each window is custom made to fit each opening.
• You can even choose a different type or style.
3. On my existing wood windows the sill nosing and the
brickmould is starting to show some damage due to rotting, how
can this be corrected?
• After the new vinyl window is installed from the
outside, any rotting wood is replaced before wrapping the
frame with aluminum trim coil. Insulation is placed around the
new window to seal out any air flow from entering the house.
4. My old windows have a white film in between the glass. Can
this be cleaned?
• This film is called a calcium chloride deposit, that of
which etches the glass and it cannot be removed.
5. What helps save energy better than the frame or glass?
• About 80% of the window is glass. You will be better
off getting a better glass package than to spend money getting
a foam filled frame. The higher the R-value and U-value on the
glass, the better your home, carpet, furniture and draperies
will be protected against the elements.
6. What is Low-e Glass, Argon Gas?
• This is a coating of tint and tin applied to glass to
help block out the ultraviolet rays from the sun. It is
usually the number 2 surface from the outside on insulated
• Argon gas is colorless, odorless, nonflammable,
nontoxic, safe inert gas that is heavier than air. It is
inserted in between the glass to reduce noise and is a better
insulator than regular air.
7. I have seen advertisements offering up to $100.00 off each
window I replace, or 50% off. Is this a good deal?
• To me, this looks like A DEAL TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. The
deals that look too good to be true always are.
8. What is the ENERGY STAR® PROGRAM?
• This program was created by the Environmental
Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy to help
consumers in the recognition of energy-efficient products.
This program also promotes the environmental and economic
benefits of these products through the ENERGY STAR® label
and other program activities.
9. Will Comfort Master 8000 series windows be a good
• YES! Your home will have more curb appeal, You will
notice the difference in your utility bill. It will extend the
life of your heating and cooling unit. Your home will be more
comfortable in both winter and summer. This series carries one
of the best warranties in the industry and will add to the
resale of your home.